We are passionate about nature conservation and believe an evidence-based approach is essential in the search for effective solutions.
We use robust, scientific methodology to address practical conservation objectives, with the aim of improving the effectiveness of conservation and building a firm evidence base for future work.
HOW WE WORK
We are bat specialists, but as trained scientists with broad interests in conservation, we can help with a range of wildlife and nature conservation issues.
DESK-BASED RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS:
- Literature review
- Customised survey and monitoring design
- Data organisation and processing
- Statistical analysis and modelling
- Bat echolocation call analysis
- GIS (Geographic Information Systems) projects e.g. building databases of records and generating Habitat Suitability Models and maps
- Effective experiment, survey and monitoring for clearly defined goals
- A wide range of bat survey methods including acoustic and activity surveys, remote survey, catching with mist nets and harp traps, and radio-telemetry
- All using high quality equipment for the most accurate results e.g. Pettersson D500X direct sampling full spectrum ultrasound detectors